On the second Monday of every month we join with The Cleveland Foundation to host a #CLE4Good tweet chat. These chats are open to everyone everywhere, especially those located throughout Northeast Ohio. Join us to meet new colleagues, share information, get advice, and have fun!
On Monday, we are exploring how to find new funders.
Our featured guest is Lauren Steiner, president of GrantsPlus (@GrantsPlus) a full service grant writing and development consulting firm. Lauren is also a guest contributor Philanthropy Front and Center Cleveland. You can read her posts, here.Some of the questions we'll explore include:
- How important is networking in finding new funders?
- How are board members helping your organization find new funders?
- Does social media help your organization to find new sources of support?
- Have you tried any of the crowdfunding platforms to tap into new communities of donors? How did it work out?
- What are your favorite tools for finding new funders?
- How do we build a greater appetite for giving in the community at large as a way of developing new funders?
Details for the chat:
Make sure you are following either @FCCleveland or @CleveFoundation on Twitter. To participate, you'll need a Twitter account, which you can create for free at Twitter.com. At 12pm we will announce the chat has begun. The moderator will post questions to get the discussion flowing, and get people talking! Make sure to use the hashtag #CLE4Good at the end of each tweet so your opinions are included in the discussion.
One tool I would recommend is TweetChat. TweetChat is a web app that makes Twitter chats feel more like an old-school chat room. The best part about TweetChat is that it will automatically insert the hashtag for the chat at the end of all your tweets so you don't need to remember to add it. To use:
- Go to http://tweetchat.com
- Use the sign-in button at the top right corner of the screen to authorize TweetChat to use your twitter account
- Once you're signed in, enter the chat's hashtag (in this case, #CLE4Good) without the # sign into the search box at the top center and press go.
- You're ready to go. Write your tweets in the box without worrying about the hashtag and enjoy the chat.
We'll see you then!