On the second Monday of every month we join with The Cleveland Foundation and Ink+ LLC to host a #CLE4Good tweet chat. These chats are open to everyone everywhere, especially those located throughout Northeast Ohio. Join us to meet new colleagues, share information, get advice, and have fun.
On Monday, March 10, 2014, we are proud to host Kristi Andrasik, Program Officer of The Cleveland Foundation, for a discussion of LGBTQ Issues and Philanthropy. Following up on the Foundation Center's Rising Tide program on March 4th, Kristi will discuss how local funders are responding to LGBTQ concerns, and how nonprofits, government agencies, and individual leaders can get involved. If you missed Rising Tide, it's time to catch up--and if you attended, it's time to move forward! Among the questions we'll explore:
- How do you view Cleveland's response to LGBTQ Issues?
- What do you think were the lessons to be learned from Rising Tide?
- How can allies and the LGBTQ community become more involved?
Make sure you are following @FCCleveland, @InkPlusLLC, or @CleveFoundation on Twitter. To participate, you'll need a Twitter account, which you can create for free at Twitter.com. At 12pm we will announce the chat has begun. The moderator will post questions to get the discussion flowing, and get people talking! Make sure to use the hashtag #CLE4Good at the end of each tweet so your opinions are included in the discussion.
One tool I would recommend is TweetChat. TweetChat is a web app that makes Twitter chats feel more like an old-school chat room. The best part about TweetChat is that it will automatically insert the hashtag for the chat at the end of all your tweets so you don't need to remember to add it. To use:
1. Go to http://tweetchat.com
2. Use the sign-in button at the top right corner of the screen to authorize TweetChat to use your twitter account
3. Once you're signed in, enter the chat's hashtag (in this case, #CLE4Good) without the # sign into the search box at the top center and press go.
4. You're ready to go. Write your tweets in the box without worrying about the hashtag and enjoy the chat.
We'll see you then!